On Paper Hangover today, the topic is holiday wishes. I’m gonna give you fair warning — I’m a holiday sap.
1. For Super Spawn to have a magical experience — When I was a kid my parents and grandparents went to HUGE lengths to make us believe in Santa and the giving spirit. Even once we outgrew Santa we still had the most magical Christmases full of love and giving, and that’s something I want for my kiddo.
2. I want to help someone — Every Christmas for as long as I can remember we’ve helped a less fortunate family out. Even if we weren’t in the best position ourselves, we always share what we have. And an opportunity to help *always* presents itself. In fact, I was given one this morning, and my heart is just glowing.
3. For everyone to remain safe — Everyone travels a lot around the holidays. Family, friends, even Super Spawn and I will hit the roads this year. I wish that everyone would make it wherever they’re going safely. Last year we witnessed a horrific crash (but were able to help, thank goodness) that resulted in life-flight and three ambulances blaring away. I don’t want to relive that.
4. For Super Spawn to feel loved – This is really kinda personal, but it is a true wish, and I’m happy to report it came true. I wished for kiddo’s dad to make an effort this Christmas, and two presents for Super Spawn arrived this week from him. (His dad lives overseas) I’m so glad. So, so glad.
5. Happiness and Peace — For everyone. For each of you, for my family. This is the time of year where we’re all missing our lost loved ones, and looking forward to the possibilities of next year. I just hope that each of you finds peace and happiness in those dreams and memories.
See?! Total holiday sap. What about you guys? What’s on your wish list?