I didn’t think to do these at home last night (woops) so I’m going from my Nook library and what I can find online. Hope I don’t screw any of them up. Anyway, all of them have something in common — they make you immediately curious about the situation and are full of voice.
1) From THE GODDESS TEST – “I spent my eighteenth birthday driving from New York City to Eden, Michigan, so my mother could die in the town where she was born.”
2) From DELIRIUM – “It has been sixty-four years since the president and the Consortium identified love as a disease, and forty-three since the scientists perfected a cure.”
3) From IF I STAY – “Everyone thinks it was because of the snow.”
4) From THE HUNGER GAMES – “When I wake up, the other side of the bed is cold.”
5) From HARRY POTTER AND THE SORCERER’S STONE (of course) – “Mr. and Mrs. Dursley, of number four, Privet Drive, were proud to say that they were perfectly normal, thank you very much.”
What about you, what are your favorites?